Monday, January 17, 2011

Blog Update


Its been quite awhile since my last post. Three and half month is a little too long. I know this and if you regularly check my blog. I'm sorry for letting you down. A lot has happened w/ me over the last few months and so i'll try my best to do a recap. All you need to know is that my life since August has been quite crazy!

I've been blessed to be apart of the band LIFE WIDE OPEN. This is a regional band based out of Maryville, TN. Since September I've played in roughly 9 concerts with the guys. We put on a Christmas "tour" this year. It was a first for the band and I can honestly tell you that it was one of the coolest things i've ever been apart of. (below are a few photos). We have enjoyed some radio success and it's been neat to be apart of the whole process. Our second single will be going to radio in early Feb. I'm excited about what happens through it.







All that is pretty exciting, HOWEVER, on Christmas Eve I asked my bestfriend for her hand in marriage. and she said YES!!!!! That's right folks, i'm gettin' hitched! I can tell you that it was certainly of the Lord. He spoke (almost audibly) to me and I jumped on the opportunity. To say that the week leading up to Christmas was intense for me is an understatement. We are super excited about it. I know some of you are wanting to know how i did it so here's the story....

Kristi is into photography and so i had made a small 4X4 hardback book at Wolfe Camera. It had photos of us. 15 + photos. I gave her this book in her driveway and I asked her to go page by page and tell me where we were in each photo. The very last page had the words "WILL YOU MARRY ME?" That was my cue, i hit a knee and asked. She was completely shocked. That's what I was going for and it worked. We have set a date of May 21, 2011. Yes, thats the same date the rapture is supposed to occur. We know. We thought about moving it up a day, but changed our minds. I mean really>?? NOBODY can pick that event but its just funny that, that is the day we picked and that is the same day that these nuts think the rapture is going to occur. None the less, we're hard at work on it. We're super excited and would love for you to pray for this.





Lastly, I just want to brag on our church. What i have witnessed in the last month in our church is nothing short of a GOD. I mean, He's working hard in the lives of our Young Adults (18-30ish). We have launched a weekly event called CONNECT. Its purpose is to just fellowship and we have a small devotion. We're averaging 28 people. We've also launched small groups. Kristi is teaching the ladies. There are so many women involved that she has two groups. We also have 12 guys that are coming to the mens small group. I mean, if you knew these people its pretty crazy. I'm super proud especially of these guys. Please pray for this group of people. So thankful for our leadership and i'm excited to see what the Lord allows us to do.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Good to see you back, Kevin! And congrats on the upcoming wedding!!!! We're so happy for you. I seem to remember praying for a godly woman for you a few years back? Guess that one was answered! :-)