Monday, September 27, 2010

Three years!!!

“Today is the day that You have made I will rejoice and be glad in it.” Those are the lyrics to Lincoln Brewster’s song. I’ve come to know those words well recently. You and I can’t live in the past. It doesn’t do any justice. The past is but a memory. A memory for some that is good and for some that is bad. I was sharing with my students last night that our testimony is simply: OUR story. It’s a story that God has uniquely crafted. It’s a story that the Master has crafted and has inter-twined our lives with His life. So, as we share our STORY we need to remember that is extremely personal and unique to us. Nobody has ever walked in your steps or experienced the same things that you have. Today I’m thankful for my past but I’m rejoicing in my future.

My story took an unexpected turn three years ago today. Three years ago, I uprooted from everything that was familiar to me. I left the comfort of my family, my church, and many of my friends. It was difficult but at the same time it was probably one of the greatest things I had ever done. Talk about being independent, which I’m normally not. At least I don’t think I am. Moving to another state has forced me to grow up. It had forced me to become a man and figure things out on my own. Moving to Knoxville has opened me up to a whole new family I never had or experienced. I had said before that I wanted to become involved in a church family that desired to know God intensely. While, as a whole our church isn’t there…but there are certain individuals that are at that point and I consider it an honor to work, learn, and serve with these soldiers for Christ. I’m thankful for the church family that I have that allows me to pursue the things that I’m passionate about, a church that sits in my corner and cheers me on. I am thankful for the volunteers that I have that labor with me as we try to reach the students that sit under our leadership. What a tremendous responsibility and honor. VOLUNTEERS, thank you thank you thank you!

I have a great roommate here in Knoxville. It’s a guy that challenges me in my walk. He isn’t your normal guy. He’s a little odd at times but he Loves Jesus. I can honestly say there isn’t another person on this planet like this guy. If you guys know Micah, you know that he’s certainly unique. I’m blessed to have a roommate like this guy. If you don’t know him…Go find him on facebook or on Twitter.

I’m also grateful for the young lady I’m currently dating. I’ve been seeing Kristi for a little over a year now. I know that while it’s been challenging (which EVERY relationship is challenging) it has been worth it. I think she is my biggest fan. She knows the things I’m passionate about and she cheers me on. What more could I ask for! She has a huge heart for Jesus and wants nothing more to serve Him and share Him with others. I joked the other day that, we went to a Christian bookstore and she didn’t drift to the devotionals, Christian living, music, or women’s section…OH NO, straight to theology. That’s hot! So, Thank you Kristi!

In the last year, I’ve been around the world and to the Midwest in the name of Christ. I’ve had the honor of leading worship in various settings. From a Youth Conference w/ a Southern Gospel radio station, to a group of teenagers in the middle of Iowa who wanted a deeper relationship with God. I’ve led our church in worship on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings. I’ve shared the stage with the band “Life Wide Open”. I’ve seen my music “Kevin Cabe” continue to be played on Christian Radio. I’ve had the honor of seeing “Life Wide Open’s” music hit radio station nationwide. I have so much to be thankful for in the past 3 years and then most recently. I will be playing with them in October. We are preparing Christmas music for our Christmas Tour. If you are in the Knoxville area I hope you can make it out. Please call and request our music.

I was challenged recently challenged by a statement Steven Furtick made…”If the vision for your life isn’t intimidating to you, then it’s insulting to God.” Whoa, what a statement. I have NO clue what the future holds for me…but I know who does hold it. Will I be in Knoxville in another three years…I can’t answer that. But, I can say that I’m going to continue to serve Him and stay faithful.

0 comments: