Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Blog Update

Quick update!
This past week…well the last 2 weeks have been crazy! As you know, I’ve joined Life Wide Open which I’m pretty excited about. I had one month which was like 5-6 practices to be caught up to speed for my first show. I learned 16 songs. I’m playing bass guitar and singing bgvs for them. For the last 2 weeks my days began at 6:45am with work and then not getting home until late. Its been very tiring on top of my other responsibilities.

Saturday morning I was asked a few months ago to lead worship for Praise 96.3 at the Sevierville Civic Center for a Youth Conference. I had a blast with them. For those of you outside of Knoxville…Praise 96.3 is a Southern Gospel radio station. If you know me, I’m NOT southern gospel. I did a show a year ago and got to know the DJ and he became a fan and friend. So, that event was helping him out. There were close to 200 people there and they responded well to this ol’ contemporary guy. When the rubber meets the road it doesn’t matter if its Southern Gospel, Rock, Contemporary, or whatever genre…we’re about the Savior and that’s what matters. I had a great time with them!

I left there and headed over to Maryville to meet Mike (lead singer) and head down to Benton. Benton is about 2 hours south of Knoxville. We played at Camp Agape. It’s in the middle of nowhere but there were quite a few people that showed up. Sound check was a bit surreal for me b/c I’d never done anything quite like that. Once 7:30 rolled around, we were ready to go. The crowd was excited. There was even crowd surfing in our early songs which were pretty rocking. It was pretty awesome. I can say that was a great experience. The guest speaker was a SUPER nice guy. It was Aaron Smalls former pitcher for the New York Yankees. Great guy and Great testimony!

Our setlist
Rise And Sing –fee
Today is the day-brewster
Come and See-LWO (life wide open)
Sing with Me-LWO
Mighty God-LWO
You’ll Come-hillsong
We Are Loved-LWO
Inside Out-hillsong
God with Us-mercyme
At the Cross-LWO version

Surrender
Sweetly Broken

0 comments: