Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Music, Engagement, & Life!

I had the opportunity to play with LIFE WIDE OPEN at Ridgecrest Conference Center two weekends ago. I grew up right down the road from there and I had never been to Ridgecrest. Well, ok so I moved to Knoxville, TN over three years ago and took the youth group there when I first started to the same conference. It’s crazy that four years ago I was watching LIFE WIDE OPEN and then this year I was playing with them and leading worship! This place is absolutely beautiful. God has His hand on this place! It was probably a highlight of my music ministry. I’ve been involved with music for years and this was an amazing experience. I’ve recorded my own EP, led worship for churches, revivals, etc. I had the privilege of leading worship in Poland to 15 people and this particular weekend in front of 1200 people. Those two experiences will be remembered for a LONG time. It was a surreal experience seeing these students lay down their pride and worship God with reckless abandon. They did not care about the people around them and worshiped God. There were over 40 churches that were present. God moved greatly that weekend. I will post pictures soon. The music front is still going strong. We’ve had several radio stations across the country pick up our second single “No Other Love”. To all those in radio land…we THANK YOU for picking this song up. The story of this song is that we often look for love and acceptance in so many places. I am engaged and that is a “special” kind of love. It doesn’t even compare to the love that God gives. No other love is greater and stronger! If you have a moment, please check out our Facebook page. “Like it” if would! Also, listen to our single there. Comment on our page…WE LOVE IT! I’ll be doing two radio interviews this week with KVCO in Camdenton, MO and with WWIB in Chippewa Falls, WI. Should be fun!

The engagement is still going great. The planning is going great! Well, from my standpoint. Kristi is feeling a ton of pressure and I can totally understand. This is the big day that we’ve both waited for and I know she wants it to be perfect. She’s doing a good job. Her dress is purchased, location, and details have been finalized. The HONEYMOON is purchased!!!! I can’t wait to marry that woman! We started our pre-marital counseling last night. It was interesting but for us to actually sit down and talk about these questions was a highlight for me. I enjoy hearing how God is making us holy through our engagement and will do so in our marriage. The goal of a successful marriage or one of the goals (I’m sure there are many) is to have a right relationship with God. Bottom line, we’re both excited to “do” life together. I know for fact that we both want God to greatly use us. We want to be available and willing to do and go where ever He sends us. We want our lives to have an eternal impact.

I just want to say that I serve with some amazing people at my church. God continues to blow my mind. Our young adults are growing and it is so encouraging to see. People are coming to know Christ through this ministry! Go EVE!!!!! Lives and marriages are being changed and transformed. Our student ministry is plugging right along as well. The students are still clicking with me which is great! It allows me to be an influence in their lives. We still have a ways to go, but we’re getting there! Life in Christ is a journey and a process. On a bright note, our pastor baptized one of our students this past week along with his daughter!!!! God is moving in our church! Honored to serve alongside of him and the staff, deacons, and volunteers at a church!

1 comments:

Byron Hill said...

Glad to hear the big event at Ridgecrest went well. Hope to see you guys back there again soon!

PS - Good luck with the upcoming wedding. My daughter just got married in Jan so I have a sense of the craziness going on.

Byron Hill
Executive Director
LifeWay Conference Centers & Camps