Friday, April 30, 2010

What is GOD teaching you?!?!?!

What’s God been teaching you?

That was the question that was posed on Wednesday night. Various people in our church began to share there answers out loud. He is certainly moving among people in our church which is great and exciting. I wasn’t forth coming in my response b/c I wanted to honestly think about it. I could have thrown a random answer out there and made myself look good. The truth is, I’ve been thinking about that for awhile.

God has certainly been working my life in crazy ways. I have prayed for things to open up on the music end and God is providing places to play. Those things are starting to come through and that’s been exciting. I haven’t solicited them but they are coming. Actually, I was to the point where I said “Lord I’m really sick of leading worship and playing guitar.” Then God would provide more places and opportunities and really just get me excited about worship and leading worship and performing. I have a lot of opportunities coming up, in that area and its crazy. I am playing a BBQ Festival, church services in NC, Chattanooga,TN my home church, a student conference in Pigeon Forge, an Independent Christian Music Festival-IPraise 2010 in Forest City NC, Lacona Iowa, and most recently in NYC.

On top of that, after participating in Experiencing God with our church I’ve really been looking into all the places God is working and moving and wanting to jump and join him. Its absolutely crazy to think that God pursues a love relationship with us. How can we NOT get involved. How can we not roll up our sleeves and get busy. I think God is sick of us side-line Christians. Lets do something! Lets get involved. Lets get plugged in! Who is with me?!?!
What is God teaching you? Please share!

0 comments: